DIY footstool from reclaimed wood. site also has tutorials for pallet

DIY footstool from reclaimed wood. site also has tutorials for pallet

DIY footstool from reclaimed wood. site also has tutorials for pallet wood projects DIY footstool from reclaimed wood. site also has tutorials for pallet wood projects

Diy Stool, Wood Stool, Step Stools, Bench Stool, Diy Bench, Scrap Wood Projects, Woodworking Projects, Diy Projects, Pallet Projects

So many of my projects start with this same basic construction. I am reposting this because if you master this, you will be able to build many things! First, decide what you are using for your top. I have been using two 2x6's, which make mine about 18"x11" (these shown area little smaller--they were a special order to fit under one of the tables I had made). Then cut 2 pieces of trim board or 2"x4"s 2 inches shorter than the length of your top. I set these on the top and then measure what I need for the shorter side pieces. I have not been doing mitered corners because I use trim boards and it is too thin. I assemble the apron or frame with the nail gun. Since I screw the legs in from both sides, this doesn't need to be solid at this point. Then cut 4 2x4s for legs, mine have varied in height, but they are usually 12 inches tall. Lay frame upside down on a flat and level surface. I screw legs in with 2 screws in the front and one 3 inch long screw from the side. I paint and sand all pieces separately. Because I use trim boards I have a very narrow space to drill through to attach the top. I set the top pieces on there to get them in the right place and then take 1 piece off so I can see exactly where to drill. And there you have it, a simple, sturdy stool, and for me, all made from reclaimed wood!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Recycled DIY Pallet Headboard Ideas | 99 Pallets Pallet Furniture,

A hanging quilt rack that holds four quilts! Great space saver! Woo

DIY ear cuff #tutorial from Honestly WTF #jewelry #howto Wire Jewelry